Check out our Associate Pastor's website.
CAC has partnered with area businesses and community leaders to make it easy for you to pray for the deployed troops by name. You may also add the name of your deployed family members.
Welcome to our web. Thank you for expressing interest in Christian Apostolic Church, where families grow together in Jesus Christ. We follow God in power, excitement, and holiness. We would love to meet you. Please call, click, or come by. Our worship services are characterized by the move of God’s Holy Spirit, marked with the anointed preaching of His Holy Word, and always include wonderful fellowship with a broad family of believers excited about sharing the gospel with all of Clarksburg-Bridgeport, WV.
A Place for You
|Pastor Doug Joseph prepares to baptize a convert. He had already received the Holy Ghost.||Water baptisms are done in Jesus name, in fulfillment of Matthew 28:19 and obedience to Acts 2:38.||A convert is buried with Christ in baptism. The joy of the Lord is our strength!||The church family join in rejoicing. All his sins have been washed away!|
|[ To see more great real life stories, visit our sister site: www.ReadyToBeFree.com ]|
If you are serious about serving God according to the dictates of His inspired, infallible Word, and you are looking for a Pentecostal, Apostolic church where the power of God is evident and the truth of God’s word is the final authority, then CAC is the place for you. If you want to find your place in the kingdom of God, and you desire to serve people with the special gifts with which God has blessed you, then CAC is the place for you to belong and become all that God wants you to be.
CAC members come from all walks of life, including engineers, business owners, managers, and laborers of every type. We all have one thing in common: We need God. We all came to the same conclusions: No amount of money or worldly possessions can bring real, lasting happiness. And we all needed deliverance from sin by being born again of the water and Spirit, according to God’s word (John 3:3-5, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:36-39, and many other verses). Thus we all share the same experience of initiation into God’s community: Faith and obedience resulting in our sincere repentance, our water baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and receiving (the infilling of) the Holy Spirit, with the initial, physical evidence of speaking in a language other than our mother tongue, as the Spirit of God gives the utterance. Following that foundational experience, each CAC member pursues after peace, holiness, the fruit of the Spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit, seeking to become a stalwart disciple of Jesus Christ.
You can join us in this miracle of new birth and become part of the Lord’s Church by responding in faith to the gospel of Jesus Christ. In short, the gospel (I Corinthians 15:1-4) is that:
- Jesus died for all (as a substitution for our punishment, paying the price for our sin);
- He was buried (signifying the death was not feigned but real, and the purchase complete);
- He was resurrected on the third day (signifying victory over death, hell, and the grave, not for Himself only, but also for all who follow Him in faith).
In our reply of obedient faith:
- By faith we respond to His death by repenting (through repentance our old, sinful lifestyle dies) (see Acts 2:38, Matthew 4:17 and 9:13, Mark 1:15, 2:17, and 6:12, Luke 5:32, 13:3-5, 15:7, and 24:47);
- By faith we respond to His burial by being water baptized in Jesus name (see Acts 2:38, Acts 4:12, and Acts chapters 8, 10, 19 & 22, as well as Colossians 2:12, Ephesians 4:5, and I Peter 3:21). We become identified with Jesus Christ by taking His name upon us. “We are buried with him by baptism” (Romans 6:4).
- By faith we respond to His resurrection by receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost (see Acts 2:1-4, Acts 2:36-39, and Acts chapters 8, 10, & 19). Just as Christ received power to live anew, so also we are endued with power to live a “new life” (a life of purity and spiritual power) after we are filled with the Holy Spirit. “Ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you” (Acts 1:8). “...Like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4).
Life magazine has noted that the Pentecostal phenomenon of receiving the Holy Ghost and speaking with tongues is one of the most significant events of the last hundred years. Millions upon millions of people worldwide have now been born again according to God’s Word. Have you? The promise of real freedom awaits those who are ready to be free:
“For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call” (Acts 2:39).
We would love to meet you! Please call, click, or come by:
|Location||We’re located in Clarksburg, WV, on N. 20th St. @ Arlington. Click here for a map showing how to find us.|
|Postal address||334 Glen Falls Rd, Suite 100, Clarksburg, WV 26301|